Thinking of buying your own place? It’s normal to feel a little overwhelmed. After all, it’s the biggest purchase you can make. In an effort to remove some stress from the equation, here are a few tips to get you on the RIGHT Path.
Step 1 – Get pre-approved.
Some real estate agents won’t even work with you until you’ve been pre-approved for a mortgage. This is an important first step in the home-buying process. You don’t want to start house-hunting and fall for a home you can’t afford. Plus, there may be problems with your credit that you don’t know about.
Step 2 – Hire Maureen.
Having someone who is knowledgeable about the market leading you through the process could take a big weight off your shoulders. Here are the reasons to hire me:
- Integrity – Doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.
- Honesty – Always telling the truth even if it means not getting the sale.
- Knowledge – I’m consistently up-to-date with product knowledge and market trends.
- Education – Informing clients of different areas and neighbourhoods, including the catchments for schools.
- Resources – Knowing where to direct clients to do the proper research to make an informed decision.
Step 3 – Stay mindful of your budget.
Ask yourself: if you lost your job and weren’t working for three months, would you be able to afford your home? Or are you stretching yourself too thin?
Step 4 – Be open.
We’ve all seen the real estate shows with the gorgeous multi-million dollar properties.
Your first home will most likely look nothing like that. Wallpaper can be removed, walls painted and cupboards changed. The things you should be more concerned about is the size and layout, along with the condition of the roof, plumbing and hot water tank.